Sunday, November 1, 2015

Super Simple & Yummy Mashed Cauliflower

As you probably know by now, I follow the TLS Weight Loss Program.  And most of the time, I really don't miss eating grains.  But once the leaves start to fall off the trees and the temps dip below 50 my family wants spaghetti and meatballs!!!

I've gotten used having to cook "my food" and "their food" but sometimes I just want join the family and dive into a bowl of my home-made meatballs.  It's a recipe I made up myself and I don't know how much of each ingredient I use, but they are delicious every time.

I've tried all sorts of ways to trick myself into not missing the pasta - and before you say "Spaghetti Squash" let me tell you two things... #1 it doesn't taste like pasta and #2 It's not on my list of approved foods (too starchy).  Well, I think I finally found it!  Mashed Cauliflower!!!  It's so creamy and cheesy it felt like a was cheating with each bite, but I wasn't!

Here's  the "recipe" but honestly I never measure anything...

1 bag of frozen cauliflower
Low Fat Parmesan Cheese (the grated kind in the round container with the shaky top)
Unsweetened Coconut Milk




That's it...  3 ingredients!
  • I microwaved the bag of cauliflower as per the instructions on the bag
  • Threw it in the Ninja (aka food processor/blender) and blended until smooth 
  • Poured in a tablespoon or two of Coconut Milk, just to get it creamy
  • Put the mixture in a bowl and mixed in some "shaky cheese" (that's what my kids call it).  If I had to guess how much cheese, I'd say 1/4 cup maybe
I used about 1/2 of it under two meatballs and sauce and OMG it was HEAVENLY!  

You could add garlic, salt and pepper but since those were all in my meatballs I opted not to, but if you used this as a substitute for mashed potatoes (which is what people usually do) I think you may need at least some garlic & chives.

I hope you enjoy the Super Simple Mashed Cauliflower as much as I did and if you are also following TLS this recipe falls within the Rapid Results meal plan guidelines.




No comments:

Post a Comment